4 - 12 August 2007, Singapore
1. TOURNAMENT: The Singapore Chess Federation (SCF) will organise the above-mentioned event in Singapore from 4 August (Arrival) to 12 August (Departure). The Championship will be conducted under the auspices of the Asean Chess Academy (ACA), Singapore Sports Council and Federation Internationale Des Echecs (FIDE).
2. PARTICIPATION: The Singapore Chess Federation has the pleasure of inviting your Chess Federation to participate in the World Youth Under-16 Olympiad. Entitled to participate are players who shall not have reached the age of 16, by January 1st 2007, (Date of Birth 1991 and after). SCF will provide free board and lodging for a team of 4 players and the official, free for eight nights, for the entries received by 15th July 2007. The reserve shall be charged €50 per day inclusive of 3 meals. A penalty of €100 Euros shall be imposed for entries received after 15th July 2007 and the players/official will pay have to pay €50 per day for board and lodging. All players and officials including accompanying persons shall pay €100 as registration for the event.
3. ACCOMMODATION: Additional teams from the same Federation will be allowed to participate if they pay the normal Entry Fee (€100) to FIDE plus €100 to the organizers on arrival. Members of the extra team and other accompanying persons shall each pay €50 per day inclusive of 3 meals on triple sharing basis and €55 on twin sharing basis. Those who wish to stay in single rooms shall pay €80 per day inclusive of 3 meals. All participants must stay in the official hotel - Hotel Royal, Newton Road. Invited players will stay in triple rooms.
4. PRIZES: The top three teams shall be awarded Medals (Gold, Silver & Bronze), Cups and Certificates Of Achievement. Board Prizes in the form of Medals will also be awarded to the respective winners.
5. TOURNAMENT VENUE: Asean Chess Academy, Beach Road, The Plaza.
6. TOURNAMENT FORMAT: The tournament shall be run on a 10 Round Swiss. Each match between teams will be conducted over 4 boards.
7. TIME CONTROL: 90 minutes to finish with 30 seconds increment from move 1.
4 August Arrival
5 August Technical Meeting, Opening Ceremony and Round 1
6 August Rounds 2 & 3
7 August Rounds 4
8 August Rounds 5 & 6
9 August Free Day
10 August Rounds 7 & 8
11 August Rounds 9 & 10 and Closing Ceremony
12 August Departure
Countries that require visas for Singapore are requested to apply for visas at their respective Singapore Embassy. SCF will send invitation to all participants eligible for the Tournament.
10. All other details are as per FIDE Handbook D.VI.02 (Regulations for the Children's Olympiad).
11. The Closing date for Entries is 15th July 2007. Entries received after this date is at the discretion of the organizers and late surcharge of €100 will be imposed.
12. All kind of payments will be made before the first round starts.
13. Information: Official website is www.singaporechess.org.sg
Useful Contact Numbers:
Tournament Director Mr Osric Mooi: +65 97574465
SCF Executive Director Mr Thomas Hoe: +65 98520625
Fax: +65 63529691 +65 63581483
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com